Elea Chang, Founder & organizer
Elea is a community organizer and disability justice advocate. She previously worked for Upworthy and Idealist.org and is currently part of the Collins Foundation Advisory Committee and Stumptown Syndicate board president. Elea can also be found tweeting about accessibility.
Melissa Chavez, Content Committee & onsite coordinator
Melissa is a digital and physical space UX designer. She also acts as a community organizer of regional tech conferences and social justice events, including PDXTech4Good, and consults on accessibility.
Melissa Lewis, Code of Conduct responder
Meli is the data editor and Python programmer at The Oregonian. She’s a former data engineer and research scientist, and has been a PyLadies Portland organizer since 2014. She’s an occasional technical reviewer for O'Reilly Media and contributor to The Recompiler.
Nadia Gathers, Content Committee
Nadia is the Internal Communications Manager at Github and an intersectional design thinking facilitator hailing from the d.school. In their spare time, they are a mental health advocate, occasional stage-talker, and aspiring novelist. Nadia helps people talk to each other.
Britton Washington, Emcee
Britton is the founder of Portland Equity in Action, a local racial justice organization responsible for the PDX Billboard Project, an ongoing PSA campaign of more than 25 outdoor billboards in the Portland area that launched in the Spring of 2018. The campaigns aim to confront and disrupt whiteness, while highlighting racial disparities locally.
We've Got Press!
- KBOO Evening News, July & Sept 2017 (live)
- Disability Visibility Project, July 2017
- Allied Media Projects, July 2017
- Portland Monthly, June 2017
- KBOO Evening News, April 2017
- Silicon Florist, Feb 2017
- Oregon Public Broadcasting, Sept 2016
- XRAY.fm, Sept 2016 (live)
- People of Color in Tech, July 2016
- Shop Talk Podcast, June 2016
- Model View Culture, June 2016 (print)
- Smashing Mag, June 2016
- Silicon Florist, Mar 2016
- Impact Design Hub, Mar 2016