Getting (in)to the venue
Affect Conf 2018 will be held at the University of Oregon White Stag Block.
Our venue is on the ground floor, with the entrance at 70 NW Couch St, between NW Naito Pkwy and NW 1st Ave. There is a push button for the door, located on the column to the left.
Curb cutouts are available on both NW Naito and NW 1st. Portland has a map of disabled parking spots throughout the city.
A more detailed visitor’s guide will be posted in late summer for those unfamiliar with the area.
What to expect onsite
- The conference room and our reserved common areas have 3.5ft physical access lanes taped off.
- Presentations/talks are accompanied by live captions.
- All chairs within the conference room are armless.
- The main restrooms are multi-stall and all-gender, with push button doors. A single-occupancy restroom is also available on a separate floor (accessible via elevator).
- Anyone can reserve a front-row seat or general space for their wheelchair/mobility device.
- Two ASL interpreters will be present throughout the event.
- A quiet room is available for anyone needing a break.
- Service dogs are very welcome.
- Free childcare services are available, but must be requested in advance (by August 27).
- Within the conference room, audience members are asked to put away their laptops and focus on the speaker during talks, but if you need it for accessibility/note-taking purposes, just sit towards the side or back of the room if possible. Laptops are more than welcome in other areas.
- Participants can indicate their comfort level with being photographed and recorded.
- The Code of Conduct team is reachable both online and in person.
- Unfortunately, our venue is also a partially public space and is not currently scent-free.
Group Volunteering Half Day venues
All our volunteering venues are wheelchair-accessible, though the ADA restrooms may be located on different floors than our activities.
Specific location information will be provided once venues and projects are finalized.
Getting in touch
Please feel free to reach out in advance if you have any particular needs or questions.
During the conference, the best way to reach staff will be to either find someone in person at the registration desk or to text us at the number provided in welcome communications and the opening address.