Getting (in)to the venue
Affect Conf 2017 will be held at the Eliot Center.
The entrance is on 1226 SW Salmon St, between SW 12th and SW 13th Ave, and includes a ramp. Curb cutouts are located on both SW 12th and SW 13th, next to the crosswalks.
We also have more detailed visiting page for those unfamiliar with the area.
What to expect onsite
- We’ll tape off 3.5ft travel lanes for physical access throughout the venue.
- Talks will be accompanied by live captions.
- Two ASL interpreters will be present throughout the event.
- Our restrooms are located next to the entrance and will be multi-stall and all-gender.
- Snacks (fruit, granola bars) and beverages (juice, water) will be on hand throughout the day.
- Anyone can reserve a front-row seat or space for their wheelchair/mobility device.
- We have set aside a quiet room for anyone needing a break.
- Service dogs are very welcome.
- Free childcare services are available upon request.
- We have a media policy in place, with attendee lanyards indicating their comfort level with being photographed or recorded.
- A Code of Conduct team team will be available to help address any potential microaggressions, albeisms, and more.
- Unfortunately, the Eliot Center is not currently a scent-free space.
Getting in touch
During the conference, the best way to reach staff will be to either find someone in person at the registration desk or to text us at the number provided in welcome communications and the opening address.