Getting (in)to the venue
Affect Conf 2017 will be held at the Eliot Center.
The entrance is on 1226 SW Salmon St, between SW 12th and SW 13th Ave, and includes a ramp as well as a push button for the door. Curb cutouts are located on both SW 12th and SW 13th, next to the crosswalks. Portland has a map of disabled parking spots throughout the city.
We also have more detailed visiting page for those unfamiliar with the area.
What to expect onsite
- We’ll tape off 3.5ft travel lanes for physical access throughout the venue.
- Talks will be accompanied by live captions.
- Two ASL interpreters will be present throughout the event.
- Our restrooms are located next to the entrance and will be multi-stall and all-gender. A single-occupancy restroom is also available down the hall.
- Snacks (fruit, granola bars, donuts) and beverages (tea, coffee, water) will be on hand throughout the day.
- Anyone can reserve a front-row seat or space for their wheelchair/mobility device.
- We have set aside a quiet room for anyone needing a break.
- Service dogs are very welcome.
- Free childcare services are available upon request.
- We have a media policy in place, with attendee lanyards indicating their comfort level with being photographed or recorded.
- A Code of Conduct team team will be available to help address any potential microaggressions, albeisms, and various other isms.
- Unfortunately, the Eliot Center is not currently a scent-free space.
Group Volunteering Half Day venues
All our volunteering venues are wheelchair-accessible and have elevators, though the ADA restrooms may be located on different floors than our activities.
The CymaSpace venue is the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI), which has a barrier-free entrance with push button door on the far right of the main entrance. OMSI has a giant lot with disabled parking spaces, with a daily max of $5/day.
The Hands on Portland venue (Nedspace, or the Union Bank Building) has an accessible entrance with push button doors through its parking structure on SW Broadway (between SW Stark and SW Washington). The project itself will be on Floor 11, with entrances to Nedspace through the parking structure (accessible) or on SW Washington between SW Broadway and SW 8th (stairs).
The Code for Good venue is the Tech Academy and has doors that need to be opened manually. The project itself is on Floor 3 and there is a paid lot next to the building.
Getting in touch
During the conference, the best way to reach staff will be to either find someone in person at the registration desk or to text us at the number provided in welcome communications and the opening address.